The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will next month train teachers to become examiners for the national examination.
Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) training will take place between September 18th and September 24th, 2022.
The training location will be communicated to qualified applicants at a later date.
The training will be residential and will cost KShs. 10,500. Shortlisted applicants wil
l be notified of the payment method.
The names of the successful trainees will be added to the database of KNEC examiners.
They will then be hired based on the needs, using the examiner recruitment criteria.
Teachers who have already been trained as examiners and are listed in the KNEC examiner database do not need to apply for the training.
As a result, applications from interested and qualified teachers are being accepted as follows:
CRITERIA FOR TRAINING AS AN EXAMINER
General requirements for all the trainee examiners
- must be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination;
- must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers’ Service Commission (TSC);
- They must have a minimum qualification of P1 for the KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train in;
- must have a Diploma in Education (and above) for KCSE marking;
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years;
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC;
- must be recommended by his/her head of the institution; and
- must be 50 years of age or younger.
Applications should reach KNEC on or before August 31st, 2022.
Applicants are required to do the following:
Use the link https://examinersapp.knec.ac.ke to access the KNEC examiners’ portal.
Those with cp2 accounts should use their usernames and passwords to access the portal.
Those who have forgotten their CP2 passwords should click on the reset password button and enter their mobile number in the format (2547) before submitting to receive new passwords for logging into the system.
Those who do not have a CP2 account should click on create an account and follow the instructions to obtain login credentials to access the system.
After successfully logging in, they should complete their personal profile and save it.